Collection and use of data
Like most www services, we store HTTP enquiries received on our server. That way we know public IP addresses from which users view the contents of our service. Viewed contents are identified based on URL addresses. We also have the information on:
- the time of receiving the enquiry,
- the time of sending the reply,
- name of the Client’s station – identification through the HTTP protocol,
- errors occurred during the HTTP transaction,
- the URL address of the previous website visited by the user – if they were directed to the website of our service through a reference,
- the user’s browser.
The data listed above are not assigned to particular persons viewing our service. In order to ensure the highest quality of the service, we analyze log files to determine whether there are any errors in the website structure, which subsites are viewed most often, etc.
Collected logs are stored for an indefinite period of time, as auxiliary material supporting service administration. Information contained therein is not disclosed to anyone except for persons authorized to manage the server. Based on logs, statistics can be generated which support administration of the service. Summary statements in form of statistics do not contain any data which could be used to identify persons visiting the service.
The cookie mechanism
The service uses so-called cookies, that is IT data, in particular text files, recorded by servers on the end device of the user. The data can be read by servers each time a connection is established from the given end device.
Cookie files are used in particular to:
- keep statistics helping us understand how you use the service website, which, in turn, allows us to improve its structure and contents;
- change the view or version of the website in order to display a website suited to your individual needs (e.g. in terms of font size, layout, colors);
- store session data (after you log in, thanks to which you do not have to enter your login and password on every subsite of the service. The file expires after the session is closed);
- display advertisements or run marketing campaigns.
Cookies are also used by services which our service refers to by, for example, presenting multimedia. In particular, those can be cookies which allow logging in or presenting advertisements suited to your taste.
Changing cookie settings
By default, Internet browsers allow for storing cookie files on the user’s end device. You can change cookie settings at any time. Browser settings can be changed in such a way as to block automatic placement of cookie files on the end device, or to inform you each time they are placed on your end device.
You can change terms and conditions of storing or receiving cookie files by changing the setting of your Internet browser:
A failure to make changes in the cookie settings means that they will be placed on the end device, therefore, we will be able to store information on your end devices and access it.
Turning cookies off may cause problems with the use of some services offered by us.
References to other websites